Hello Patch followers, my name is Evan Crawley. Here is a little background information on myself:
- I graduated high school in 2005 from the La Salle Academy, where I played basketball and baseball.
- I graduated in 2009 from the University of Rhode Island with a degree in Journalism and English.
- At URI, I covered sports for The Good Five Cent Cigar, the student newspaper, from 2005 to 2008.
- I was an intern in the Sports Department at The Newport Daily News from 2006 to 2008.
- Over the past five years I have worked as a freelance reporter for The Newport Daily News, The Narragansett Times and The South County Independent.
- I spent this past year at Providence College studying education, where I earned my High School Teaching Certificate in September of 2010.
Personally, I am an avid surfer and beach-goer. I grew up on the beaches of South County, and have been a lifeguard at Scarborough and East Matunuck State Beaches for the past seven years. My favorite sport is basketball, and am a die-hard Boston Celtics fan.