Established in 1976, South County Montessori School was one of the first Montessori schools in Rhode Island. Expanding from 20 students to nearly 100, the school has remained true to its roots and provides hands-on, close-knit education for children ages three to eight.
These self-directed classes are taught in mixed-age groups: three through five years and six through eight years. The school provides three programs:
- Half Day | 8:45am - 11:45 am, ages three through five.
- Transition | 8:45am - 2:45pm, ending at noon on Fri, kindergarten-aged children.
- Junior | 8:45am - 2:45pm, first and second grades.
The school also provides child care services before and after regular classes from 7:30am to 5:30pm.
Admission is determined on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 5:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: ramp in entrance
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1976
- Number of students: 104
- Male-to-female ratio: 50-50
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: none
- Accreditation/licenses: RIDE-licensed, DCYF-certified.
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 18