This year at the Newport waterfront, there will be two Biergartens and expanded outdoor courtyard space for endless amounts of festivities. Prost!
When? Oct. 12-13, 2013
Hours: 12 p.m. until 8 p.m., daily
Saturday: $20 advance / $25 day-of; kids 12 and under: $12 advance & day-of
Sunday: $17 advance / $20 day-of; kids 12 and under: free with a paid adult
$17 Advance / $20 Day-Of
- Saturday of Oktoberfest is traditionally more congested, and has an active, college/”beer fest” vibe. Families with younger children and strollers, and seniors should consider attending on Sunday.
- Sunday of Oktoberfest is traditionally less congested and easier to navigate. Families with younger children and strollers may find Sunday a more enjoyable experience.
- Outside glassware is allowed. It must be empty when you enter and when you depart the site. Bartenders will not pour into your personal glassware.
- The ticket line can be long. To avoid the wait, purchase your tickets online here.
- Re-entry is allowed
Things to Do
The Prost! Pass:
exclusive ticket grants you all-day and night admission, access to the open-air
Prost Private Lounge with a private bar and restrooms, cocktail service, a
flight sampling of 4 Oktoberfest brews, the official Oktoberfest mug, and a
bratwurst from the NEW Brat Bar for an authentic German treat with all the
fixings. Everything you need to enjoy the Oktoberfest is available with the
Prost Pass. All children require an adult ticket. Quantities for this exclusive
experience are limited; click here to purchase.
to the traditional tale of the origins of Oktoberbest dating back to 1810 in
old Bavaria on Saturday afternoon at 1 p.m. in the Biergarten Tent. A special
guest Burgermeister will officially get the beer flowing for the weekend, with
the symbolic tapping of the first keg.
you can hoist a full liter stein longer than anyone else? The Samuel Adams Stein Hoisting Competition returns to
Oktoberfest on Saturday, Oct. 12.
at 4:30pm on the international stage. Your time will be logged to see
how you stack up against your fellow beer lovers across the country. The man and woman with the longest hoist time will travel to Germany next year
What’s On Tap
- Amstel Light
- Angry Orchard Hard Cider
- Castle Hill Windward Weiss
- Grey Sail Flagship Cream Ale
- Grey Sail Flying Jenny Extra Pale Ale
- Grey Sail Autumn Winds Fest Beer
- Harpoon Octoberfest
- Harpoon IPA
- Hofbräu Oktoberfestbier
- Hofbräu Original Lager
- Hofbräu Münchner Weisse
- Leinenkugel Oktoberfest
- Leinenkugel Orange Shandy
- Newport Storm R.I.P.umpkin
- Newport Storm Amber
- Newport Storm Blueberry
- Newport Storm IPA
- Newport Restaurant Group Seasonal Brew
- Pacífico Clara Lager
- Sam Adams Octoberfest
- Sam Adams Boston Lager
- Sam Adams Jack-O Traveler Pumpkin Shandy
- Shipyard Monkey Fist IPA
- Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale
- Shipyard Sea Dog Blue Paw Blueberry Wheat Ale