The series starts June 25 at the North Kingstown Free Library at 100 Boone St. at 6:30 p.m.
Led by conductor Beth Clarke, the band will host seven concerts this year, including its traditional Independence Day show with fireworks on July 5, accompanied by a performance with the North Kingstown Community Chorus.
Here's the full schedule:
- Wed., June 25, 6:30 p.m., Opening Night, North Kingstown Free Library, 100 Boone St.
- Sat., July 5, Independence Day Concert, Lafayette Band Stand at North Kingstown Town Beach, 15 Beach St.
- Wed., July 9, St. John the Divine, Church Way, Saunderstown, with ice cream social
- Wed., July 16, N.K. Town Beach, featuring the North Kingstown Community Chorus
- Wed., July 23, N.K. Town Beach – Rain date for Community Chorus
- Wed., July 30, N.K. Town Beach
- Wed., Aug. 6, Season Finale, N.K. Town Beach
Audience members are encouraged to bring lawn chairs, blankets and picnics to relax and join in the family fun with the Lafayette Band. In the event of rain, Town Beach concerts will be moved indoors to the adjacent Community Center.
The Lafayette Band is a nonprofit community concert band with a mission to strengthen North Kingstown and surrounding communities through music. Founded 130 years ago, it is one of the oldest bands in Rhode Island. Though based in North Kingstown, the band’s members reside in many communities in Southeast New England.
For more information about the band, visit www.lafayette-band.com.