Things are a bit different this election year – due in large part to the recently passed voter ID law and redistricting of Rhode Island. Before you show up to the polls on Tuesday, Sept. 11 for the primary elections, check out our quick and easy guide to this year's polls.
Polling Hours & Locations
Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at nine locations across North Kingstown. Don't know which district you're in? Find out here.
- District 1 – , 1515 Ten Rod Road
- District 2 – , 825 Stony Lane
- District 3 – , 166 Mark Drive
- District 4 – , 200 School Street
- District 5 – Slocum Grange Hall, 86 Slocum Road
- District 6 – , 150 Fairway Drive
- District 7 – , 36 Beach Street
- District 8 – , 25 Salisbury Avenue
- District 9 – , 250 Tower Hill Road
Where to Go
Due to last year's , many districts have changed in North Kingstown. Click here for a map of North Kingstown to see if your Senate, Representative and local precinct numbers (and your local polling location) have changed.
You can also visit the Secretary of State's website, where you can enter in your name and address and find out your House and Senate districts.
What to Bring
The days of waltzing in to your polling location without an ID are over. The passage of the voter ID law now requires you to bring an acceptable form of identification in order to vote, including:
- RI driver's license
- US passport
- ID card issued by US educational institution
- US military identification card
- State of Rhode Island or US government issued ID card
- government issued medical card
- Rhode Island Voter Identification Card
Can't Make It to the Polls?
A new mail ballot application allows you to vote by mail if you may not be able to get to the polls on election day. Visit http://sos.ri.gov/elections/forms/ to print and complete a mail ballot application or you may contact the Board of Canvassers to request a mail ballot application. Refer to http://sos.ri.gov/elections/voters/mail/ for full details.
Have More Questions?
Contact the North Kingstown Board of Canvassers at 401-294-3331 ext. 128 or at email@example.com.