The brings thousands upon thousands of people into Wickford Village. Between the more than 250 artists who will be displaying their work and the thousands of cars that will make their way into the village, parking is going to be quite the production in North Kingstown's historic village this weekend – for both residents and visitors alike.
So what's off limits? Where can you park and when can you park?
- Parking will not be allowed on either side of Main Street or Brown Street from 5 p.m. on Friday, July 6 until the completion of street sweeping at 8 p.m. on Sunday, July 8.
- Overnight parking will be restricted on:
- West Main Street (from Newtown Avenue to Brown Street)
- Franklin Street
- Spink Street
- Elam Street
- Handicap parking during the festival will be available in the main municipal parking lot of Brown Street. Please make your situation known to a parking lot attendant upon arrival at the Brown Street entrance. They will direct you to the appropriate parking area.
- Public parking and shuttle service (sponsored by the North Kingstown Rotary Club) will be available at and on West Main Street. Donations will be accepted at both locations for the rotary club on behalf of local charities.
- Artists parking will be at Wickford Elementary School on Phillips Street or at .
The asks that all those attending this year's Wickford Art Festival strictly observe any "no parking" areas. Wickford area residents having any special situation (i.e. a wedding or similar function) should contact the NKPD's Capt. Steven St. Onge at 401-294-3316 ext. 8203.
The NKPD's art festival detail can be contacted through the department's main headquarters at 401-294-3316. Calls will be forwarded to the officer in charge of the detail down at its festival command post at the (55 Brown Street).