Dear Planning Director and Planning Commission Members,
We are totally incredulous that the application for “The Preserve at Rolling Greens” is still ongoing and being considered. Did we not learn anything from our recent (and still ongoing) That being:
- Its neighbors DO NOT WANT IT!
- It is versus our comprehensive plan!
- It is versus our zoning code!
- It violates our groundwater protection requirements!
- Besides allowing more residences than allowed in our residential zones, allowing commercial properties is ridiculous considering the vacant commercial properties that exist in Wickford Junction and the Stop & Shop plaza on Rt. 102, as well as the numerous ones that line Post Road.
- Finally, do we really need the threat of more litigation versus the town, like that which we most assuredly will be facing over the wind turbines? Besides affecting the health of our residents, isn’t that possible if our ground water gets contaminated?
We wholeheartedly agree with Gardner Palmer, who questions the creation of a whole new zoning district, and with Jeff Michaelson, who very astutely asked “Are we tailoring the ordinance to the application?” We urge you to listen to the residents whom you represent and deny “The Preserve at Rolling Greens.”
Ralph & Edris Crockford
359 Laurel Ridge Lane