1. This weekend is your last chance to catch the pirates at . The finale event, " will feature music from groups specializing in ancient sea shanties, an appearance from "The Free Men of the Sea" brigade and emceed by local historian Tim Cranston – portraying his kinsman Colonial Governor Samuel Cranston. Runs from 2 to 4:30 p.m. this Saturday at the castle.
2. How developed is your wine palate? Put it to the test tonight at 's . The person/people who guess right on all four wines will get any bottle featured at the tasting for free. Runs from 5 to 7 p.m.
3. The NK5K is only two weeks away, scheduled for Saturday Sept. 8. I've been "training" (i.e. ) in anticipation of actually participating in the race this year and am trying to get as many people as possible to join. Learn more at the NK5K's website here.
4. Know what would be awesome? If North Kingstown Patch beat South Kingstown Patch to the milestone of 1,000 Facebook fans. If you haven't already, please "like" NK Patch's Facebook page here. (P.S. Don't tell SK we're plotting against them. It would ruin the fun.)
5. Today: sunny with highs near 81. Tonight: partly cloudy with lows around 63. Tomorrow: partly sunny with highs near 79.