1. Wickford's getting cash mobbed again today. If you missed it , here's your opportunity to get in on the latest trend. The mob will be meeting in the parking lot behind at 11 a.m. today. Come armed with $20 to spend at a mystery business (to be announced until the mob convenes). .
2. For those lost without a farmers market in North Kingstown this weekend (the Coastal Growers Market returns to Casey Farm next week), we have an alternative outdoor event for you. Head down to a spring festival at URI's East Farm in Kingston today from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for live music, food, raffles, activities, animals, exhibits and more. There's a lot going on, .
3. Three state beaches in South County are opening early this weekend. Starting today, Scarborough North, Roger Wheeler and Misquamicut will all be open weekends from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Beach parking fees are $10 on weekdays and $14 on the weekends. .
4. Head down to Updike Park for a bluegrass jam today from 2 to 5 p.m. in Wickford.
5. Today: sunny with highs near 71. Tonight: partly cloudy with lows around 53. Tomorrow: isolated showers with scattered showers and thunderstorms with highs near 75.