1. Twenty40's Harvest Fest kicks off tonight from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at Beach Rose Cafe. Stop by and join NK's Young Professionals group for drinks, food and networking. Tickets are $10. Learn more here.
2. Interested in becoming a volunteer at North Kingstown's award-winning historic site – Smith's Castle? The Castle is holding an open house today where you can learn how to become a volunteer – including giving tours, joining in historic reenactments and hosting educational programs. (And yes, you would be able to dress up.) Starts at 6 p.m. tonight at Smith's Castle.
3. The Wickford Village "scarecrow competition" starts this weekend as Wicked Week kicks off in the village. Get your votes in for best scarecrow by Oct. 31. Learn more here.
4. Elections are just around the corner. If you're running for office, email me at Samantha.Turner@patch.com to fill out your candidate questionnaire.
5. Today: sunny with highs near 63. Tonight: a chance of showers with partly cloudy skies and lows around 56. Tomorrow: showers likely with possible thunderstorms in the afternoon and highs near 64.