1. Learn about the roots of your town tonight as Rhode Island Historical Society Librarians Lee Teverow and Katherine Chansky explore the unique historical resources referencing North Kingstown people, places, events, businesses and buildings. The introduction to the RIHS will describe a wide range of sources, including military records of the North Kingstown Rangers; architectural information about historic buildings such as Old Saint Paul’s Church, Cocumscussoc and the Gilbert Stuart Homestead, and North Kingstown Town Records.
The discussion is free and open to the public at , 100 Boone St., tonight at 6:30. For more information, call 401-294-3306.
2. What will the future of North Kingstown look like? How can residents grow their town in smart ways that complement the character they want their town to portray?
The Healthy Places by Design project offers residents a chance to play a role in the future of building design in North Kingstown. The group will host a forum tonight from 6 to 8 p.m. at 50 East Court, to discuss ways to revitalize the town and plan for future development using mixed-use centers. For more information about The Healthy Places by Design project, contact Denise Kaplin at email@example.com or 401-295-6501; or Doug McLean at firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-294-3331.
3. The NK High School boys soccer team tries to exact some revenge for an early season loss when they host Bishop Hendricken High School tonight at 6:30 at , 150 Fairway Dr. The Hawks beat NK 2-0 at Hendricken on Sept. 12.
4. Cheer on the North Kingstown High School Unified Varsity Volleyball team as they take on Pilgrim High School at home today at 3:45 p.m. at , 150 Fairway Dr.
5. Cloudy skies return today with temperatures topping out in the mid-60s. Clouds are expected to increase throughout the day, and showers are possible in the late afternoon through the evening, continuing off and on through Friday.