1. Join at the North Kingstown Free Library tonight. Chef Leclair will teach participants how to make Reuben chicken, apricot-horseradish salmon and sweet potato pancakes – to new a few. Starts at 6 p.m. Registration is necessary. For more information visit: NKFL or call (401) 294-3306.
2. Sewer work on Camp Avenue is under way. From 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., residents in that area are asked to use Circuit Drive to exit/enter the neighborhood. Learn more about the sewer project with the town's Powerpoint presentation, found here.
3. During the month of August, & will be rewarding their customers for donating to the North Kingstown Food Pantry. Through their "Feed the Pantry" fundraiser, those who donate $10 to the pantry will get a 10 percent off coupon. A donation of $20 will get you a 20 percent off coupon and 30 percent off for a $30 donation. .
4. The NKHS Jazz Band will hold an impromptu performance in Updike Park in Wickford tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. The band has been practicing relentlessly as of late for its performance at the Newport Jazz Festival this weekend.
5. Today: a chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 3 p.m., with possible heavy rain and otherwise mostly sunny skies with highs near 84. Tonight: a chance of showers and thunderstorms with possible heavy rain and lows around 66. Tomorrow: a slight chance of showers with otherwise partly sunny skies and highs near 82.