- Head over to their "Best of New England" award from Yankee magazine. e will be hosting a party from noon to 8 p.m. today, featuring six artists, jewelers, painters and textile artists along with catered food.
- Rhode Island was home to quite a few battles during the colonial era. Learn about the Battles at Nipsachuck, located in northern Rhode Island, with a presentation by preservationst Doug Harris and archaeologist Paul Robinson. Kicks off at the from 7 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. Please register for the program here.
- Congratulations to North Kingstown resident David Darlington, who was unanimously re-elected as chair of the Rhode Island Bridge and Turnpike Authority this week.
- It's not just the high school athletes who are taking to the fields nowadays. Head over to today at 3:30 p.m. to catch the girls softball team take on . If you're a DMS Dragon looking to stay on the home turf, head over to McGinn Park to see the boys baseball team slug it out with Msgr. Clarke, also at 3:30 p.m.
- Today we'll be looking at partly sunny skies as high temperatures edge towards 60 with similar conditions on Friday. For this weekend, it looks like we're in store for a bit of rain as showers are expected both Saturday and Sunday.