1. Students who live in the Camp Avenue area may have a different bus route starting today. Camp Avenue (from Post Road to Robin's Way) will be closed for construction for the next three weeks. Get more details here.
2. The NKHS track team is hosting a fundraiser for its teammate Austin Gaudreau, who was critically injured in a car accident earlier this year. Austin is now undergoing therapy in Boston and the medical costs are mounting for his family. The track team will be at Junction Trattoria & Bistro Sunday from 4 to 8 p.m. with tips and a portion of the sales going to support Austin's family. Also Sunday, a portion of the money raised at the Kent Hospital Ocean State 5K in Goddard Park will benefit Austin's family.
3. Healthy Places by Design hosts a meeting tonight on access to healthy foods. Have any program ideas? Stop by West Bay Family YMCA from 9:30 to 11 a.m. (Please note: this is not the community garden subcommittee.)
4. North Kingstown Patch's two-year birthday (Two years? Really?) is Oct. 8. If you can't get us a present, the next best thing is liking us on Facebook. If we can get 1,000 Facebook likes by that date, we'd be thrilled. Help us out and like us here!
5. Today: partly sunny with highs near 71. Tonight: a chance of rain with mostly cloudy skies and lows around 53. Tomorrow: rain likely with mostly cloudy skies with highs near 64.