1. Smith's Castle is holding its annual Harvest Festival this weekend. Stop by the castle today from noon to 4 p.m. for tours, entertainment by the Morris dance team, outdoor cooking, blacksmithing, candle dipping and the Ghost Hunters of RI, plus plenty of vendors. Learn more here.
2. The Land Conservancy of North Kingstown is holding a guided historical trail walk at the Bush Hill Nature Reserve in Wickford. The Bush Hill Nature Reserve has been particularly special to the Wickford community over the years, acting as a watering hole for livestock and the source of ice for an icehouse in the 1800s to a summer swimming hole and winter ice skating rink for local children into the early 1960s. Learn more about the history of the reserve as well as the guided tour here. Starts today at 2 p.m.
3. Gillian's Ale House is holding its 4th Annual Steak Fry to support breast cancer this evening. Come by for raffles, dinner and fun for all. Runs from 4 p.m. until 1 a.m. Saturday.
4. The NKHS Booster Club Calendar raffle is set for today from 9:30 a.m. to noon at the high school. Calendars are $5 a piece and automatically enter you into the raffle with prize drawings of $50 to $100 – which will be drawn in December. Learn more here.
5. Today: widespread frost before 8 a.m. with mostly cloudy skies and highs near 56. Tonight: chance of showers with mostly cloudy skies and lows around 53. Tomorrow: a chance of showers with mostly cloudy with highs near 69, breezy.