1. The Steven Siller "Tunnel to Towers" 9/11 Memorial 5K is returning to North Kingstown this today. Held all across the country, the run remembers Steven Siller – a member the New York City Fire Department who died in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. Siller reportedly was off-duty when the first plane struck and, after realizing that Battery Tunnel was blocked by traffic, ran roughly three miles to reach the World Trade Center. . Starts at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Quonset O Club.
2. Wickford Harbour Fest is back! Head down to Wickford Village Sunday for a day filled with games, activities, local cuisine, food trucks, a model boat demo, lobster raffle, artisan vendors and even a tank from Biomes. The day culminates in the Cup Race Challenge, featuring hundreds of boats. Learn more here.
3. HomeGoods is opening up its Quonset location tomorrow with a day-long grand opening. The store will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
4. Biomes is moving up to Post Road this fall and into a bigger space, which means more exhibits. For one exhibit, owner Mark Hall needs some help. The marine biology center is raising money for a commercial fisheries exhibit, which sounds pretty neat. Read about the details of the exhibit and how you can contribute here.
5. Today: sunny with highs near 75. Tonight: chance of showers with possible thunderstorms and lows around 60. Tomorrow: a slight chance of showers in the morning with otherwise mostly sunny skies and highs near 71.