The returned to Wickford Village Thursday night with the iconic tree lighting. Hundreds of locals huddled around Updike Park and enjoyed performances by the North Kingstown Community Youth Chorus and the Lafayette Band before and after the tree lighting.
For the first time, the . For the past 25 seasons, the merchants of Wickford have funded the event but, due to current economic climate, were having trouble raising enough money to keep the event alive.
For the full Festival of Lights schedule, see below.
Friday, Dec. 2nd:
- 5:30 p.m. – Santa arrives at the Town Dock.
- 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. – Historic House Treasure Hunt and Raffle
- 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. – Ongoing live nativity at on Main Street performed by the Youth Groups.
- 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. – Hayrides with Santa around the Village, originating in the parking lot by the Town Dock ($2 per person).
- 6:30 – 7:15 p.m. – The North Kingstown Community Chorus carols in Updike Park.
- 7:15 – 8:15 p.m. – The Lafayette Band performs their “Holiday Concert” at the First Baptist Church on Main Street’
Saturday, Dec. 3rd:
- 8:00 – 11:00 a.m. – Breakfast with Santa at the on Main Street. ($10 per adult, $5 kids 12 and under).
- 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – New event this year! Historic House Treasure Hunt and Raffle
- 11:15 a.m. – New to Festival of Lights this year is an ELF PARADE! This event is sponsored by The Wickford Collection and the YMCA. Best elf wins $75 while second and third place receive $50 and $25 respectively.
- 12:30 p.m. – Santa arrives at the Town Dock
- 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. – Hayrides with Santa around the village originating in the parking lot by the Town Dock. ($2 per person).
- 7:00 p.m. – North Kingstown Community Chorus and Youth Chorus Winter Concert at NKHS.
Sunday, Dec. 4th:
- 12:30 p.m. – Santa arrives at the Town Dock.
- 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. – Historic House Treasure Hunt and Raffle
- 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. – Hayrides with Santa around the village.
- 3:00 p.m. – North Kingstown Community Chorus and Youth Chorus “Winter Concert” at NKHS.