It's not summer in North Kingstown until we celebrate Memorial's Day with our annual parade. In anticipation of the big event on Monday, May 30, here are five things you may need to know.
- At 9 a.m., there will be a wreath-laying ceremony at the Civil War Memorial and the adjacent Veterans Memorial Day Park near .
- Also at 9 a.m., parade marchers will form at .
- The parade will start at Wilson Park at 10 a.m., traveling down West Main Street before turning right onto Brown Street and then right onto Phillips Street. Ceremonies will conclude at the Grand Army of the Republic Memorial at around 11 a.m. Due to road closures, we recommend you seek alternate routes during the time of the parade.
- Concluding ceremonies will begin around 11 a.m. at Elm Grove Cemetery for a recitation of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address in remembrance of the 150th anniversary of the start of the Civil War.
- Locals are invited to attend a down the road at the following the parade.