5 Things: Wickford, Newtown & More
Five things to know for Dec. 19.
1. Local historian Tim Cranston will give an overview and hold a discussion on his popular "Walking in Olde Wickford" guidebooks this tonight. Tim will go over how he researches for these books and what lies ahead. Starts at 6:30 p.m. Please register.
2. Want to show your support to the families of Newtown? The First Baptist Church in Wickford will be delivering bears to the Newtown Parent Connection for distribution to siblings, parents, family and friends who have lost loved ones following last week's shooting. Between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Saturday, stop by the church to adopt a bear for $10 to build (sort of like Build-a-Bear) to send to Newtown. Stay tuned for more details on this.
3. Own a business in North Kingstown? Let us help promote your holiday hours! Click here to post your holiday hours for Christmas and New Year's and we'll be happy to include you in our "Open/Closed" article for the holidays.
4. Want to share health secrets? Are you obsessed with telling people about amazing places/businesses you've visited in the area? Or do you just generally love sharing your thoughts? From moms to teachers to health gurus to attorneys, North Kingstown Patch is looking for bloggers to blog about...well, anything you want! Click here to learn more.
5. Today: mostly sunny with highs near 46. Tonight: partly cloudy with lows around 31. Tomorrow: mostly sunny with highs near 44.