5 Things: Farmers Market, Civil War & More
Five things to know for Jan. 19.
1. Get your local produce and fixings today at the Coastal Growers Winter Market at Lafayette Mill. Runs from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 650 Ten Rod Road.
2. The NKHS Class of 2015 is still looking for teams for its Cupcake War, coming up on Feb. 15. Groups of contestants will bake themed cupcakes and have them judged on various criteria. Learn more here!
3. Calling all Civil War enthusiasts: get your dose of history this week with a special program at the North Kingstown Free Library, Today at 2 p.m., Col. (Ret.) Charles T. Knowles will take you through "Antietam: America's Bloodiest Day." Please register for this program here.
4. In observance of Martin Luther King Day, there's no school on Monday. If you're looking for a way to occupy the kids, check out Biomes at its new location or head over to KidZone for its mini-camp. Have other great ideas for the holiday? Let us know in the comments!
5. Today: partly sunny with highs near 46, breezy. Tonight: partly cloudy with lows around 36. Tomorrow: mostly sunny with highs near 46, breezy.